Friday, August 3, 2012

Thankfulness Friday - 10 months.

In a week, Bun Bun will be 13 months old.  If I went by her due date, she'd be only 11.5 months old.  Over the past several week, her therapist have been testing her to see where she is developmentally, according to a set of guidelines with a long list of developmental milestones babies generally reach.  Bun Bun tested at about a 10-month-old.  We knew she'd be delayed with the Down Syndrome.  Her low muscle tone means most things would be harder for her.  Being 2-3 months behind really isn't terrible.  In fact, I'm thankful.  I'm thankful that I have to start chasing her down because she's belly crawling around the living room, getting into Daddy's stereo system, and finding dust bunnies under the sofa.  I'm thankful that she can sit up in her crib and entertain herself.  I'm thankful that she can pick up small food items and feed herself.  I'm thankful that she can tap the iPad to get the Zoo Zoo Safari animals to dance.  My heart melts when she smiles at me every time I walk through the door after work.  Bun Bun will have to work extra hard in everything she does.  She'll get there, in her own time.  I am thankful.

No comments: