Friday, August 24, 2012

Thankfulness Friday - Last Week of Summer

It's not really the end of the summer.  It's the last week of summer vacation before classes start for the new school year.  Well, it's not really summer vacation, either.

When I tell people that I teach in the summer months, most assume that I'm on vacation.  I don't have classes to teach, but I am teaching students in my research lab.  Summer is when I get most of my research work done, and I've always had at least two students every summer in the lab.

This has been a crazy busy summer, but one that has been quite productive.  I did manage to take a few days off and spent them wisely with Bun Bun and Bun Bun's Daddy.  Some days, I just "worked from home" to savor the moments with Baby Bunny.

So, on Monday, classes will start.  I will be teaching two classes again - the Freshman Cells (Introductory Biology) class and the upper level Immunology class.  The Immunology class has a weekly lab, too.  I missed teaching them last fall with the arrival of Baby Bunny.  Hopefully, it'll just be like riding a bike.  I will see some returning students and meet the first year students.  I always liked the start of the fall semester more than the spring.

No comments: