Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thankfulness Friday - Truth For Life

I am a self-proclaimed Alistair Groupie.  Alistair Begg that is.  He is an amazing preacher at Parkside Church in Chagrin Falls, OH.  I had blogged about visiting his church a few years ago.  Most recently (last May) John and I traveled up to the Brooklyn Tabernacle to hear him preach.  That was a grand experience which included listening to the Brooklyn Tabernacle choir live and in person.  I first heard Pastor Begg preach on the radio as Truth For Life ministries about 10 years ago.  In addition to the clear and relevant Biblical teachings, the broadcasts also stood out because of Pastor Begg's Scottish accent.  And, when his announcer introduced him, it sounded like Alex Trebek, the host of the TV quiz show Jeopardy.  Ever since I got my iPod 6 years ago, I've been downloading TFL podcasts and listening to them in the car.  I think even Bun Bun knows Uncle Ali's voice since she's been listening to him in my womb.  Alistair's messages are always timely.  I credit his sermon series on Ruth to my meeting John.  That's a long story for another day.

This has been an incredibly discouraging week.  Experiments did not work.  I had no confidence going into the start of the new semester.  On Tuesday, Alistair's preached from Romans 12 and reminded me to work as if for the LORD rather than for man, to persevere...  It was tremendously uplifting!

Check out Truth For Life!  You can download podcasts from iTunes or directly from the website, all for free.

No comments: