Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Revelers are about in the neighborhood.  There are cheers and fireworks.  I'm still up, sitting in Bun Bun's room, getting some work done on the computer.  I can hear Bun Bun's heavy breathing; she is in deep sleep, and not much will wake her.  She'll sleep until the morning when I wake her for her first breakfast.  Yep!  She's an easy baby.  I'm counting my blessings that I can get a good 7 hours of sleep every night.

I am not ready for the new semester which starts in 2 weeks.  I missed being away from the classroom this past fall semester.  But, I'm not looking forward to the spring only because my last spring class was full of bad experiences.  Every class is different, and I really hope this one to come will be more teachable.  I am changing up a lot of things.  The lab experience will be very different, too.

I look forward to 2012 with some excitement and cautious optimism.  This is an election year for the President of the US.  I am up for tenure later this year and will be putting together my dossier in the summer.  I've got lots to do.  I hope and pray for God to strengthen me and help me do all things as if on to Him - being a Mom, wife, daughter, sister, teacher, mentor, colleague, and friend.

From a rocking chair in Bun Bun's lavender room, I wish you all a wonderful 2012!

No comments: