Friday, January 27, 2012

Thankfulness Friday - Beets

In the winter months, there aren't many vegetables to whet my appetite.  Seems like I always buy same stuff every time I go to the produce market - cauliflower, carrots, lettuce, peppers, potatoes...  This week, I picked up some beets.  I don't know many recipes that uses beets.  So, I ended up cutting one up and throwing it in a pot of boiling water with potatoes, carrots, onion, and some meat balls.  It turned out to be a great meal.

Looking forward to the spring and to starting the vegetable garden again with yummy tomatoes, basil, peppers, and egg plants.  Last summer, I tried growing beans, but didn't have much luck.  Then, being pregnant and with the early arrival of Baby Bunny, the garden was very much neglected.  We hope to be more adventurous and ambitious this year!

No comments: