Friday, May 25, 2012

Thankfulness Friday - Day Off!

After a very productive week, I'm taking a day off today.  With Memorial Day weekend, this means I get a whole four-day weekend!  Woo-hoo!  On Monday, I finished the first draft of the manuscript and sent it off for a first go-around of critiques.  Yesterday, after spending two whole days, I finished editing the annotations to 142 genes.  The spring phage students had worked on this for all of April.  I needed to double check their work before submitting it for further quality control.  After that, the genes of the phage (named Winky) will be officially submitted to GenBank (Link sends you to a previously submitted phage we had worked on 2 years ago).

So, on my day off today, I will spend lots of time cuddling and kissing Baby Bunny.  Maybe I will get her to giggle with me.  Maybe I'll have a video!  Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: