Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankfulness Friday, Part 3

1.  Birthdays!  Today is John's birthday.  Happy birthday to the best Daddy and husband in the world.  Birthdays are another great day to give thanks and be grateful for another year past and the one to come.  Monday is my sister's birthday (Happy Birthday, Heather!).
2.  Seasons.  Spring is by far my favorite season.  That's when everything seems to wake up from deep winter sleep.  Everything is renewed.  Those new blossoms are always so welcoming besides being so colorful.  Summer is wonderful because we get long day light hours.  Fall is beautiful when the leaves begin to turn colors and give everything a yellow and orange glow.  I can probably do without winter, but I only like it because spring is just around the corner.  I suppose if Christmas isn't in winter, it'd be dreadful.
3.  Sunrise.  I'm not a morning person, but there is nothing quite like driving into work with the sun rising in the horizon.  It also reminds me of God's grace and unfailing love that are new every morning.
4.  Trees.  Not only do they provide great shade, they recycle the CO2 from our respiration and fix them into sugars and other organic goods.  Trees and plants complement us so perfectly.
5.  Food, glorious food.  I live to eat (rather than eat to live).  I love foods of all sorts.  Living in the greater Philadelphia metropolitan area, I've tried many of the hundreds of ethnic restaurants from Thai to Ethiopian.  I also love to cook.  I'm a better baker since it's like doing an experiment - throw everything together and incubate.  When Bun Bun was in the NICU learning to suck, swallow, and breath, it really made me appreciate all aspects of eating.  We take it for granted.
6.  Laughter.  I love a good hearty laugh, the ones that makes my stomach hurt.  It doesn't take too much to keep me amused.  God has surrounded me with people who love to laugh.
7.  Tears.  We shed tears when we're sad and when we're happy.  Even Jesus wept when he was here on earth.  I am thankful for them because I am thankful that we have the ability to show our emotions.  When we cry with someone who mourns, tears speak volumes.  I often get teary when I laugh really hard, so, see #6 above.

No comments: