Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankfulness Friday, Part 2

1.  Veterans...  Today (November 11) is Veteran's Day.  I am thankful for all who served, especially those who served in the Pacific during WWII.
2.  Technology...  I don't have every fancy gadget ever made and certainly do not wait in line for the latest Apple product.  I do own an iPod and an iPad.  Both have been wonderful gadgets.  I've owned my iPod for over 5 years now.  I listen to Podcast sermons during my drive to and from work.  When I stay up late at night with Bun Bun, I use the iPad to pass the time and watch movies.  I am certainly grateful for computers, without them, I'm not sure what I'd be doing every day.
3.  Science...  I love to teach and think about science.  Best of all, I get paid to do both!
4.  DNA... the blueprint of life!  See #3 above.
5.  Employment...  See #3 and 4 above.
6.  Weekends...  Thank God it's Friday!  I look forward to naps in the afternoons and walks around the neighborhood with Bun Bun.
7.  Sleep...  Something so necessary yet basic is very much taken for granted when we do lose it every now and then.  I am grateful that Bun Bun has been sleeping through the night for a couple of months now.  In fact, I often have to wake her up in the morning for her first breakfast.  This morning, I realized another gift.  She falls asleep after that first breakfast, long enough for me to get ready for work.  About an hour later, I wake her up again before I head out the door when she gets her second breakfast from Grandma.

No comments: