Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankfulness Friday, Part 1

This is the month of the Thanksgiving holiday celebrating the first harvest of the Pilgrims in the new America.  It usually means family gatherings to share a meal with turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, pies, etc.  Secondarily, people think about giving thanks and acknowledge the blessings they have received.  On Facebook, several of my friends have begun the 30 days of thanksgiving by listing one thing or people for which they are thankful each day.  I thought about doing that in my Blog but realized I probably won't be able to keep up with it.  So, I figure I'll do it once a week on Fridays and list 7 specific things and people for whom I am thankful.

1.  My savior, Christ Jesus
2.  My wonderful husband.  He keeps me entertained.
3.  Our precious gift, Bun Bun.  She makes everything worthwhile and will probably end up teaching me lot more than I am able to teach her.
4.  My mom who has been watching Bun Bun while I work during the day.  Plus, she makes delicious meals which helps us tremendously.  Her latest projects are making sleeping sacs for Bun Bun to keep her warm at night.
5.  My friends who send occasional notes of encouragement.
6.  My praying friends, many I probably don't even know or have never met, for praying us through the tough days.
7.  My work family.  I don't think I can find a better group of people to spend time away from my baby.

No comments: