Thursday, July 19, 2007

Guitar

I bought a guitar as a birthday present to myself several years ago, but haven't played it for many months. I was very recently reminded of the song, "As the Deer Pants for the Water," from Psalm 42 and decided to dust off the guitar to play it...


As the Deer Panteth for the Water

As the deer panteth for the water so my soul thirsteth after You
You alone are my hearts desire and I long to worship You

You’re my friend and You are my brother, even though You are a King
I love You more than any other even more than anything

You alone are my strength and shield, to You alone does my spirit yield,
You alone are my hearts desire and I long to worship You


The lyrics and the music are so beautiful. As the deer pants for the water, so my soul longs for Jesus! Lord God, consume my thoughts with You alone!

2 comments:

MW (My Wish) said...

Still go to church? Wish I could hear you sing this. How about singing this in a karaoke?

MadeInTaiwan said...

I only sing to a private audience of one... maybe two... myself and the Lord!

Still going to church and loving it!