Wednesday, May 2, 2007

DONE!

I have graded all my exams and lab reports and submitted all my grades for the semester. I am D-O-N-E!!! I am suprised to be this happy. It has been a long, hard academic year. I am glad it is finished and have already learned SO much, perhaps even more than my students, even more than what they have all learned combined! I look forward to making improvements and build up on the little bit of foundation I had laid.

Summer vacation... yes and no

I have no classes to teach this summer. I can't stay home all summer either. However, I call laboratory research work my play time, which is what this summer will be for me. So, it really will be summer vacation for me!

I am looking forward to taking a couple of days off here and there and spend at least one of them on a personal retreat. It'll just be me and Jesus!

2 comments:

MW (My Wish) said...

So good that you are having a break already but sounds like the academia is not giving you much of a break in the summer. What are some short get-aways that you are thinking about?

MadeInTaiwan said...

I think I'll be happy taking a day off here and there and hike through the park. I did this last Friday... boy was I sore afterwards... felt like I needed a hip replacement! I'm very out of shape... too much fat, not enough muscles!