Monday, December 19, 2016

Merry Christmas!

It's been a while, Dear Readers.  I had to reset my password.  That's how long it has been!

Waiting for the school bus on the first day of school
When we last met, Bun Bun was getting ready to start kindergarten.  And, so she has and has been thriving.  It was definitely a good move even though I wasn't sure if she was ready.  She has been attending a learning support classroom and spending a little bit of time everyday with typical peers.  We've noticed that she has been talking a lot more, like a parrot, mimicking a lot of the last words she hears at the end of sentences.  She has even learned to write her name!  She loves to sing and dance!  One of her current favorites is "Head and Shoulders".  She is really loving school and is super happy to be there, working hard, and keeping up with her tasks.
Olivia wrote her name in an orange crayon.
On some more somber notes, I am quite pessimistic about the future of this country and somewhat fearful of what changes the new administration will bring about.  Here's my political view - this country has elected a narcissist who has no social skills.  I am fearful because this new administration has targeted, demeaned, and disregarded women, people who are not white, foreigners, folks with disabilities, and scientists.  Do these descriptions sound familiar?  I am fearful because supporters of the new administration have openly assaulted and bullied people who fit these and many other categories; they do so all the more when they smell dissent.  My only glimmer of hope is that God is in control.  He will be in control come January 20th.  That's hope that I am thankful to hold tightly to.

I have always dreaded fall and winter because the sun-lit days are shorter.  And, it's cold!  I think this fall has been more gloomy because of the current political climate.  Even the Christmas cheers have not helped much.  Sorry to sound so depressing...

God is in control!

No comments: