Thursday, January 23, 2014

Snow and a flat tire

14.3 inches.

This was how much snow that came down in 12 hours on Tuesday!

I made it to work before it all started.  By 10am, things outside looked white.  My class ended at 11, and the university had already decided to cancel all classes for the rest of the day.  I was going to head home.

No problems?

The drive home was treacherous, but not terrible.  Everyone was driving slow and being very cautious.  Half way home, my car sent me a message: "Very low tire pressure."  Oh no!  I still had about 5 miles to go, on the highway.

God must have been watching over me.  I slowly drove to the Sears Auto Center near home and got my tire replaced.  There were two nails!  One bent over like a hook and pierced through to the side.  There were 3 large holes!

By the time I finally got home, about 2.5 hours since leaving work, there was about 5 inches of snow on the ground.

Phew...

We got another snow day on Wednesday.  I missed one lecture for a class that still hasn't met yet.  So much for the first week of the semester.

Here are some cute pictures of Bun Bun.  I think we had just finished eating breakfast.  She was waiting for play time.



No comments: