Friday, March 9, 2012

Thankfulness Friday - Home!

This is spring break week.  I got to attend a conference in Santa Fe, New Mexico and just got home a few hours ago.  It was a fantastic meeting.  I learned a lot and got some great ideas for my own projects.  I also got to meet some very talented scientists-young and old- from all over the world.  My graduate student and I presented some of our own work as a poster and garnered some interests.  My work is a little bit peripheral to the main scope of the meeting.

Having never been to Santa Fe, John came along to see what's left of the wild, wild west.  Apparently, many Westerns are still being filmed in and around Santa Fe.  With the afternoons free, we drove to Los Alamos and visited Bandelier National Park.  For another afternoon, we drove to Taos but only had enough time to enjoy a very good meal at the Dragonfly Cafe and Bakery.  Taos is a quaint little town next to a ski resort.  Some Hollywood celebrities have moved there.  In fact, we saw some paparazzi with their fancy cameras waiting to snap shots of someone having lunch.

I didn't forget about Bun Bun.  She got to spend the whole week camping out at Waipo's house!  When I saw her for the first time this afternoon, she looked a little puzzled.  She's now back in her own crib for a quick nap before we have to go back to the airport and pick up Daddy.

Poor John got bumped off of our overbooked flight this morning.  Well... "poor" John got a nice voucher from the airline and flew first class.

Will post travel pictures this weekend!

No comments: