Friday, March 30, 2012

Thankfulness Friday - Colleagues

I count my blessings that I love my job.  I love all aspects of what I get paid to do.  I get to teach a great group of students and mentor some of them one on one in my research lab.  I get to tinker with my "toys" when I'm running experiments in my lab.  The icing on the cake is that I get to work with a great group of people.  Everyone in my department is wonderful, from the chair of the department down to the administrative assistant.  My colleagues are supportive of my work and encourage me in every way.  We get together at noon everyday and eat lunch together.  There's a lot of camaraderie.  We laugh a lot.  There's almost always roars of laughter coming from the kitchenette during our lunches.  Between the time I kiss Bun Bun good-bye in the morning until I see her smiley face when I walk in the door at the end of the day, I count my blessings that I get to spend all that time doing something I truly find gratifying with a group of great people.

No comments: