Sunday, June 24, 2007

Summer!


It's been just lovely weather-wise the past few days. I'm savoring every moment of these breezy, lazy summer days. The weathermen have promised hot, hazy, and humid days this week. Doggie loves to look outside to watch the neighborhood kids play and other neighborhood dogs walk by. She secretly wishes that a squirrel might come by for a visit, maybe even a chipmunk or two (she smells a family of them living underneath the deck). This is one of her favorite shady trees. The squirrels know better to scamper up this tree at the sight of Miss Doggie. Doggie would love to get her paws at one of these stinky squirrels, preferrably one that is height-challenged. What would she do if she actually catches one? Last summer, she managed to catch and kill 4 or 5 mice that got into the house. Doggie's definitely got the prey-predator instinct in her. Maybe she just likes the challenge of catching something small and furry.

3 comments:

MW (My Wish) said...

What a dog to catch mice! Doggie is a very good dog indeed.

You know, MIT, I get homesick with your house looking at this picture with Miss Doggies in front of the door. I miss those days when your mom made all these wonderful homey food for us. I remember accompanying her to drop you off to West Chester University after a weekend. Do you visit your old school sometimes? My last trip to PA was a short one and I did not even remember where I used to live in town. I felt kind of sad but after all it was a long time ago. Next time, I should stay longer and we can do some revisiting together. What do you say?

MadeInTaiwan said...

Dearest MW,
Name the days!!! We will look forward to your visit and have the red carpet ready to be roll out just for you!

MW (My Wish) said...

Oh, I am so very touched (with tears in my eyes now). MIT, you and your family are very special to me and those special memories are irreplaceable. Do say hello to mom and sis for me please, and show mom my Tsong Tsu photos if you want.