Saturday, October 8, 2011

Grandma


There are pictures of Grandma back in 2006 when we visited Taiwan to celebrate the Chinese New Year.  The last time I saw her was just this past January.  She passed away a few days after Baby Bunny was born.  Grandma celebrated her 101st birthday in May.  Baby Bunny would never know her great grandmother.  But, they kind of have met.  I was barely 3 months pregnant when we visited in January.

Most of what I know about my grandmother are stories my mom told me.  She raised seven children, lived through the Japanese occupation & WWII, was grandmother to ten grandchildren and great-grandmother to two great-grandkids.  I got to spend one whole week with her in 1995 when I visited Taiwan after college graduation.  At that time, she still walked to the market and grocery store; I had a hard time keeping up with her!  She spoke the Cantonese dialect and had a thick Mandarin accent making her hard to understand sometimes.  That was a fun week nonetheless.

She is greatly missed.

No comments: