Saturday, April 7, 2007

Easter!

This weekend is the celebration of Jesus Christ and the power of the Cross. It has always been my favorite time of the year, even more so than Christmas. It reminds me of what Christ had done for me, redeeming me from my sins, myself. He has set me free! I am reminded this particular year of something He said to the Roman guards on the night He was arrested.

"I told you that I am he," Jesus answered. "If you are looking for me, then let these men go." (John 18:8)

The same way that God told the Pharaoh to, "Let My people go," He has said the same thing to my captives, the sins that have bound me.

"Let her go, she's Mine." I can imagine Jesus say.

1 comment:

MW (My Wish) said...

Happy Easter, Julia! No more egg hunts but a stronger bond ever with God, uh?